An effective way to send luggage abroad at an affordable price
Whether you’re relocating abroad or spending the winter somewhere warm, DHL Parcel UK offers an affordable and convenient means of shipping luggage overseas to your destination countries.
They will pick up your luggage straight from your door and will partner with reliable delivery companies in the destination countries to deliver it within two to three days.
Table of contents
- An effective way to send luggage abroad at an affordable price
- If you’re looking for luggage shipping companies that will get your bags to their destination hassle-free, these are the ones to use.
- Luggage Free
- Do you need to send your luggage ahead?
- How much does it cost to ship a suitcase?
- Steps for how to ship luggage
- 1. Inspect luggage
- 2. Attach shipping information
- 3. Pack and ship to the Courier Office location
- Frequently asked questions – Sending luggage internationally
There are five main reasons why you might want to use a luggage shipping company instead of doing it yourself
If you’re planning on sending a big bag overseas, it might make sense to use a courier company rather than check it yourself.
There are many reasons why choosing a courier company could save you money and hassle.
Here are five of the main ones:
• Save Time
When you book a shipment with us, they’ll pick up your luggage from wherever it’s located and deliver it directly to the address specified on your booking form. You don’t need to wait around at the airport for your case to arrive either; they’ll do everything possible to ensure it gets to you quickly.
• Get Extended Cover
Our extended cover policy gives you peace of mind. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong during transit, they’ll provide compensation for any additional costs incurred. All they ask is that you notify us within 24 hours of receiving your package.
• Save Energy
Choosing a courier company to ship your items saves energy too. When you pack and prepare your goods yourself, you’re likely to spend hours doing so. This takes time and effort, both of which require fuel. With a courier, however, you simply tell us how much space your luggage requires, pay online, and then sit back while we take care of the rest.
If you’re looking for luggage shipping companies that will get your bags to their destination hassle-free, these are the ones to use.
The online luggage delivery service launched in 2012 and charges a flat fee per bag, regardless of weight or size.
Its goal is simple: provide travelers with a reliable way to ship their baggage internationally while saving money over traditional carriers.
Prices start at $30 and go up from there based how far your luggage will travel and the overall weight.
LuggageToShip offers competitive prices because they use third party logistics companies to transport packages. They are able to ship anything from suitcases to boxes and even sports equipment.
A typical luggage forwarding service costs anywhere from $30-$100 per month. This includes everything from storage space to insurance coverage.
For example, Luggage Free charges $99/month for unlimited storage space and $129/month for additional protection against theft, damage, and loss.
Cost: Prices start as low $15 but increase based upon bag size and weight, how far it’s traveling, and whether or not you’re interested in additional extras such as door-to-door delivery or insurance.
The cost of luggage storage varies greatly depending on where you live.
In some parts of the world, like New York City, it costs $40-$60 a week.
But in places like London, Paris, Berlin, and Amsterdam, there are many options for those looking to store their bags while traveling.
Some companies, such as AirPortr, even offer a pickup service, which allows customers to collect their bags from anywhere in the city and drop them off at one of several locations.
Do you need to send your luggage ahead?
If you’re planning on taking a long trip, you might want to consider sending some of your luggage ahead.
You don’t necessarily have to ship everything you own – just what you think you’ll need while away.
There are many reasons why you might choose to ship things ahead. Here are three of the most common ones.
- Avoid customs delays
- Get items delivered faster
Pros of sending luggage ahead
- Less time spent checking in baggage, collecting it at the other side and dealing with oversized items.
- This is one of the advantages of sending your luggage ahead with a courier service.
- You save time and money because you don’t have to wait around at the check-in counter, and you avoid having to negotiate with airline employees about extra charges.
How much does it cost to ship a suitcase?
There are pros and cons to sending luggage ahead.
Some people like to travel light and send everything ahead, whereas others prefer to keep their belongings close at hand.
If you’re looking to save money, consider whether there might be cheaper ways to transport yourself than packing your bags ahead.
Steps for how to ship luggage
1. Inspect luggage
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recommends travelers inspect their checked baggage prior to boarding flights.
- This inspection includes looking inside bags and checking the exterior of each bag. If you find something suspicious, report it immediately to TSA agents.
2. Attach shipping information
- A recent update from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which represents airlines worldwide, says that all airline carriers are required to use a secure label to attach to each piece of checked baggage.
- This includes both carry-on bags and checked bags. Any additional documents, such as receipts, boarding passes, etc., must be secured to the bag using a tie-on label.
- If you don’t have a tie-on label, ask one of our friendly team members for one. They can even print out your labels for free.
- FedEx does not accept responsibility for damage to any type luggage during transit.
3. Pack and ship to the Courier Office location
- Courier Office locations are convenient places to pick up packages.
- They offer you a variety of options for getting your package shipped, including curbside pickup, overnight delivery, and even same day delivery.
- You can use our online tool to find out what options are available near you.
- If you’re looking to ship something out of state, we’ve got you covered.
Send your bags overseas so they arrive at their destination ahead of time.
All international shipments are subject to customs clearance.
This includes packages being sent internationally via FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc.
If you are shipping something sensitive, like electronics or medications, it is best to contact us prior to shipment to ensure we can provide proper documentation and clearances.
Please note that some countries require additional documentation and/or fees.
Tax & Duty
Customers traveling with personal items such as clothes and shoes must declare it to customs authorities upon arrival at the airport.
If the item exceeds $500 USD, customers will be charged the applicable taxes and duties.
For example, if you purchase a pair of designer jeans for $1,200 USD, you will be required to pay $100 USD in import duty plus sales tax. You will also be charged $30 USD per bag for storage and handling.
If you are carrying less than $500 USD worth of goods, you do not need to declare anything. Your purchases will enter the country without additional costs.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) recommends that travelers prepare a travel itinerary listing items to be shipped internationally.
This list helps customs officials determine whether the package contains prohibited items such as weapons, narcotics, explosives, counterfeit goods or stolen property.
A traveler needs to provide a copy of his/her passport and visa; copies of the items being sent; and a copy of the IATA document called “Item List.”
When you’re packing up to move, it helps to use a system. We’ve got one step-by-step guide to help you do just that.
Getting Your Luggage Delivered
If you’re flying internationally, check this!
We know you want to make sure everything arrives safely, but what happens if something goes wrong? You might be able to claim extra compensation under excess baggage cover.
This covers you for additional costs caused by lost, delayed or damaged items while travelling with TK Maxx.
We know how important it is to pack well, and we want to make sure you don’t end up with broken items when you receive your shipment.
That’s why we offer our large and standard boxes, both designed to withstand long trips.
They are easy to use and come with everything you need to ensure your belongings arrive safely.
Frequently asked questions –
Sending luggage internationally
The cheapest way to send luggage internationally is by using one of the many airlines that offer the Standard Service.
You can book it online easily through the airline’s web site or app, where you can choose among different destinations and pick the most convenient option for you.
How to send luggage overseas usps?
USPS Luggage Tracking Service makes international travel easier. With just a single phone call, you can track your package anywhere in the world.
You can also find out when your package was delivered and receive tracking updates via text message.
And if you’re worried about missing your flight due to delays, you’ll receive notifications whenever your package arrives at its destination airport.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started with USPS Luggage Tracking Service:
- Call 1-800-GO-USPS (1-800-462-6878) -This is the number you must dial to access your tracking information. When you make the initial call, you’ll enter your tracking number, followed by your package description.
- Enter the Package Details – Once you’ve entered the correct details, the system will tell you whether the package is currently being tracked or not. If it’s not, you’ll be asked to leave your contact information so that the package can be sent again later.
- Receive Text Updates – After entering your contact info, you’ll receive a text message alerting you when your package reaches its final destination. You’ll also receive updates if there are any issues along the way.
- Track Your Package Online – USPS Luggage Tracker lets you view all of your packages online. You can also manage multiple shipments and change delivery options.
How to send luggage overseas cheap?
With prices so low these days, you might think air travel would be too expensive to consider sending items overseas for safekeeping when traveling abroad.
But, there are several ways to find out how much you can save before booking your next flight – including finding the cheapest flights possible.
Here’s a shortlist of tips to help you figure out the best deals on international trips while packing light:
Tips To Save Money On International Travel
1. Book Flights Early
Paying early gets you a deeper discount on your ticket price. Plus, booking earlier also gives you more flexibility when selecting dates and destinations.
2. Travel Off Season
Traveling during winter months can mean reduced hotel rates, fewer crowds, and cheaper airfares. Also, expect to find better deals if you book within six weeks of departure.
3. Select Nonstop Flights
Intermodal connections between cities can be lengthy. Instead, opt for nonstop flights to maximize space and avoid any delays due to connecting passengers.
4. Consider Alternate Airlines
Instead of flying directly to your destination, look into alternate airlines like Delta Air Lines and JetBlue Airways. They may provide direct service to your final destination and give you access to additional airports while saving money.
5. Check Hotel Rates
Hotels usually charge higher rates during peak seasons. So, try searching for hotels outside those times. Look for discounts online or sign up for email alerts from sites like Hotwire to stay updated on special rates.
How to send luggage overseas cheap from us to latin america?
The United States is a large country, so traveling from point A to point B can be difficult. Not only does it require time and money, but also patience and planning.
Sometimes we just want to travel cheaper and faster, but sometimes we want to make sure everything goes smoothly.
In this query, I’ll talk about some tips to save money when sending luggage abroad. These are useful for both international air travelers and local residents.
1. Use Exact Airline Tickets
Instead of purchasing tickets through third parties like Expedia or Travelocity, buy exact airline tickets directly from airlines. Airlines usually charge much less to ship items internationally than third party sites.
And though the price may seem high at first, these fees are generally refundable if you cancel your ticket.
2. Ship Luggage Through DHL
DHL Express is the cheapest way to ship things internationally. They charge $5 per pound ($9.40 per kilo), compared to $20-$25 per pound charged by FedEx and UPS. For instance, if you’re shipping a 2 lb bag of dog food, DHL charges $8.50, versus $22.50 for FedEx or $21.00 for USPS Priority Mail. Shipping weight doesn’t matter as much as volume — if you’re shipping 1/2 gallon of milk, the cost is roughly the same.
3. Send Small Packages First
Some countries don’t allow shipments over certain size limits. For example, you cannot ship liquids through the US Postal Service. Thus, sending larger packages first can reduce the chances of getting stuck with extra costs.
4. Avoid International Taxes
Be aware of taxes and duties on imported goods. Many countries impose import taxes on products sold within their borders. However, most countries won’t tax goods shipped outside of their borders.
For example, let’s say you bought a laptop computer in Europe for $1000. That laptop was manufactured in China, and its value was reduced due to customs duty plus VAT (value added tax). When you ship the laptop back home to the USA, the value of the item will be taxed again, resulting in an additional $300+ fee.
However, if you purchased the laptop in Germany instead, it wouldn’t face any customs duty since it originated in another EU member state. Therefore, the actual price of the laptop before shipping would be significantly lower.
A similar situation applies to other taxes such as sales tax and excise tax. For example, you can purchase a pair of shoes in France for €100. But if you decide to ship the shoes back to the USA, you’ll likely incur additional customs duties and taxes.
It’s best to avoid having to pay taxes twice unless you choose an alternative destination.
These are just general guidelines. There are specific rules and regulations set by individual countries. Always consult the appropriate government websites and follow them closely!