How to Replace Luggage Wheels
Where is the key for my TSA lock?
TSA locks are designed to keep items safe during travel. But sometimes you forget where you put the key. If you lose it while traveling, there is no way to open your luggage.
Fortunately, TSA agents have special tools that allow them to open your luggage without destroying the lock. They simply use three dial combinations to unlock your bag.
Table of contents
- How to Replace Luggage Wheels
Here’s how to find out what those numbers are.
- Step 1: Open your suitcase.
- Step 2: Look inside the TSA lock. There should be a small hole near the bottom of the lock.
- Step 3: Use one finger to push the button on the side of the TSA lock.
- Step 4: Turn the dial clockwise until the TSA lock opens.
- Step 5: Slide the TSA lock off of the ring around the handle.
- Step 6: Remove the TSA lock from the suitcase.
- Step 7: Repeat steps 1–6 to re-lock your suitcase.
I forgot the code on my lock, what should I do?
How do I set the code?
Setting the code on your lock isn’t difficult. You just follow the steps we’ve listed here.
The number of digits you use to set the code depends on the model of your lock. Usually, it starts with either three or four numbers.
You can remember the code by writing it down or using your phone. Just write down the code, or add it to your contacts list. If you forget the code, you can always call customer support. They’ll help you out.
Open your suitcase by sliding or pressing the TSA button. Inside the box there will be directions about how to open your lock. Follow those instructions carefully.
Step 1: Find Replacement Parts
If you don’t know where to start, we’ve got you covered. Our online parts catalogs are packed with information about every product we sell, including replacement parts, manuals, installation instructions, warranty info, and even videos showing how to use it. You’ll find everything you need to fix your vehicle quickly and easily.
Step 2: Order Replacement Parts
After you have found the appropriate replacement parts, order them by calling our customer care department. You can reach via phone at 866-941-5388 or via email at [email protected]
Step3 : Replacing Screwed Luggage Wheels
This method removes the wheels from a piece of luggage without damaging the luggage itself. This is useful when replacing a damaged wheel, or if the wheel has been removed and replaced already.
- Step 1 Remove the screws holding the wheel to the case. These screws aren’t usually visible unless you’re looking closely, but you’ll know where they are because there are two holes next to each other near the edge of the wheel.
- Step 2 Unscrew the screws. You don’t want to damage the threads on the inside of the case, so make sure you keep the screws together while you work.
- Step 3 Push out the clips. There are two clips, one on each end of the wheel. They look like little metal rings with a hole in the middle. Push the clips outwards, away from the wheel.
- Step 4 Replace the wheel. Slide the new wheel into position. Make sure the wheel fits snugly against the case. Then push down on both sides of the wheel to secure it in place.
Step 4 : Replacing Riveted Luggage Wheels
- Cut off the lug nuts with a pry bar.Use a pry bar to loosen the lug nuts.
- Pull out the lug nuts.Lug nut removal tools make it easier to remove the lug nuts.
- Insert a wrench into the hole where the lug nut used to be.Wrenching the lug nuts out makes it easier to insert the new ones.
- Insert a new lug nut onto each side of the wheel.The new lug nuts have a larger diameter than the originals.
- Replace the lug nuts.To install the new lug nuts, simply reverse step 4.
- Place the wheel back into the wheel well.If the wheel doesn’t fit perfectly, try tightening the lug nuts one more turn.
- • Take advantage of TSA’s PreCheck program. Travelers enrolled in the program receive expedited screening and security clearance. They also save money on airport parking and lounge access.- Overloading your suitcase could lead to broken wheels.
- – If you are traveling with a lot of clothes, it might cause your bag to become too heavy.
- – Your luggage should fit into the overhead compartment without causing the side walls to bend inward.
- – You should avoid packing items like books or shoes that weigh more than 10 pounds each.
Replacing Riveted Luggage Wheels
Riveted luggage wheels are a common feature on suitcases, duffel bags, and travel cases.
They allow you to attach a suitcase to a rack or wall without having to drill holes into it. Unfortunately, riveting takes a lot of work and can damage the case itself.
A few hacks exist online to help you replace those damaged wheels, but we found one method that’s easier and cheaper than most.
The process begins with a trip to Home Depot where you purchase the following items:
- • Two 2×4 wood boards (about $10 each)
- • Two 5/8″ carriage bolts ($3.50 each)
- • Four nuts ($1.99 each)
- • One pair of safety goggles ($5.00)
- • One hacksaw ($20)
The repair process is pretty simple. You just follow along with the video tutorials and you’ll do it yourself in no time. We’ve got some tips for making sure you’re ready to go once you finish.
How to replace luggage wheels on youtube?