Here’s tips for packing one diaper bag for two small kids.
How to Pack Your Diaper Bag?
Here are the four simple steps to organize your diaper bag:
- Unzip every compartment and discard anything you don’t need. You’ll want to keep the following items in each compartment:
- 🧥 A clean change of clothes
- 💦 A wet washcloth
- 💧 A dry washcloth
- 🧹 Disposable wipes
- 🧻 Wipes/toilet paper
Diaper Bag Checklist
🧺🧴🧥🍼🍶🧊🍽💊💳 What do you keep in your diaper bags? Do you use cloth or disposable diapers? 🧥 How many changes of clothes do you bring along? Here are some tips to help make sure you’re prepared for any situation.
Items to pack in your infant’s bag:
What Do I Need in My Diaper Bag?
🧺🧴🧥🍼🍶🧊🍽💊💳 When it comes to diaper bags, there are plenty of options out there — some big, some small, some fancy, some practical. But what do you really need in your bag? 🧺🧴🧥 What items do you keep in your diaper bag every day?
We asked moms across the web about what they carry in their diaper bags, and here are the most popular responses.
What Do I Pack for a Toddler in a Diaper Bag?
I pack my diaper bag every day for our toddler. There are times we go out for dinner, shopping, or even just running errands.
We always make sure there is enough room for everything she needs.
If you’re wondering what items you’d want to bring along, here are some things I’ve found helpful.
- 🛋️ A portable changing pad – This is essential because it makes life easier for parents. You don’t have to worry about finding a clean spot to change her clothes. All you do is unfold it and place it underneath her. She’ll love it too since it gives her something to play with while you use the bathroom.
- 🧽 Hand wipes – These are great for cleaning up spills and wiping down surfaces. They come in different sizes depending on how many people are around, but I like having a small bottle in my purse.
- 🧹 Wipes – I keep three types of wipes in my bag: baby wipes, wet wipes, and dry wipes. Baby wipes are good for cleaning off food and messes. Wet wipes are useful for cleaning toys, hands, and face. Dry wipes are great for cleaning counters and tables. You can find wipes in almost any grocery store.
- 💉 Band-Aids – Most toddlers get cuts and scrapes. Keep a few bandages in your bag to help prevent infections.
- 🧥 Clothing – When traveling, I like packing outfits for each day of the trip. This way, I’m prepared no matter where we end up going. My son loves wearing his favorite outfit and he gets excited whenever we take him somewhere new.
- 🧸 Toys – Kids love playing with toys, especially ones that are brightly colored. Make sure you pack plenty of toys so you won’t run out during your vacation.
Items to pack in your toddler’s bag:
- 🧥 At least one change of clothes per day for each kid
- One outfit for every activity, including sleepwear
- Two pairs of socks 🧦
- Extra underwear, undergarments, and bras 🩲
- Three outfits for weekends
- Five outfits for school days
- Two sets of pajamas 🛏️
Extra Clothes for Both of You
🧥 One thing most new parents don’t realize when packing for a trip is just how much clothing their baby goes through on a daily basis.
While we’re sure there are plenty of people who think they’ve got enough diapers 🧺 and wipes 🧹, chances are that you’ll find yourself running low at some point during your journey.
The easiest way to avoid having to stop somewhere along the road to buy another pair of pants or shirt is to make sure you have extras packed away in your diaper bag 🧺🧴🧥.
We recommend keeping an extra outfit or two 🧥🧥 for yourself in case you end up needing to change into something else while traveling. This way, you w
Extra Feeding Items
Whether you have a nursing baby 🤱, or one who uses a pacifier 🍼, bottle 🍼, or sippy cup 🍶, it’s important to have extra feeding items as part of your diaper bag essentials 🧺🧴🧥.
You don’t want to run into a situation where you are short on supplies because you forgot something like a bottle 🍼 or formula.
There are many different types of feeding items you’ll want to include in your bag. Some of those items include:
- A bottle 🍼 or sippy cup 🍶
- Nursing pads 🩸
- Pacifiers 🍼
- Formula 🍼
- Diapers 🧺
Things to Entertain Your Baby With
Entertaining babies is hard work. They are constantly hungry 🍽, thirsty 🥤, tired 😴, and cranky 😤.
So it makes sense that moms often find themselves running around town trying to figure out what to do next.
If you’re looking for ideas to help you out, we’ve got a list of five things you absolutely must include in your baby bag 🧺🧴🧥:
The Best Diaper Bags for Two Kids
Skip Hop Forma Diaper Bag Backpack
The Skip Hop Forma Diapery Backpack is designed to keep baby’s essentials organized while traveling.
- This bag features multiple interior and exterior pockets 🧺🧴🧥 that are large enough for diapers 🧺, wipes 🧹, snacks 🍪, and bottles 🍼.
- There is even a zippered pocket inside the diaper bag itself. A separate compartment holds up to three additional items.
- The backpack is made with durable canvas material 🌿 and a sturdy metal frame 💪.
- Two mesh pockets 🧺 hold small accessories like pacifiers 🍼 or sunglasses 🕶️. The outer fabric is water resistant 💧 and machine washable 🧺.
Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack
Looking for a unisex backpack for toddlers and babies? Check out our review of the Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpacks.
- With 14 pockets 🧺🧴🧥 for organizing diapers 🧺, wipes 🧹, bottles 🍼, toys 🧸, snacks 🍪, etc., there are plenty of options here.
- You’ll find padded straps and handles, plus a removable changing pad 🛋️ for baby’s comfort.
- And since it’s made of durable nylon material 🧵, it will withstand whatever life throws at you! 💪
Pomelo Best Diaper Bag
The Pomelo Best Diaper Bag is designed specifically for moms who are looking for a convenient way to carry around everything while traveling with their baby.
- With multiple compartments 🧺🧴🧥 and features like a removable changing pad 🛋️, it’s ideal for parents who want to keep things organized.
- This versatile diaper bag for two kids 🧒🧒 is perfect for travel because it has plenty of space inside and outside for you and your child to store clothes 🧥, toys 🧸, books 📚, blankets 🧵, diapers 🧺, snacks 🍪, etc.
- There are four main pockets inside the bag including one large pocket for storing your essentials, plus there are three smaller pockets for holding your small stuff.
- Outside there are two additional pockets for keeping your phone 📱, wallet 💰, keys 🔑, and other daily necessities.
How We Chose The Best Diaper Bags
Practical, Versatile Diaper Bag
The Birch Bag from Parker Baby Company ($65) is one of our favorite diaper bags 🧺🧴🧥 because it provides plenty of room for holding things like wipes 🧹, diapers 🧺, snacks 🍪, toys 🧸, etc., while still being compact enough to fit into most car seats 🚗.
Plus, it’s got tons of pockets 🧺🧴🧥 to keep things organized and easy to find.
This particular model comes in three different sizes — small, medium, and large — so there’s something for everyone. 🧒🧑🧔
Best Affordable Diaper Bag
The Ruvalino backpack diaperbag 🧺🧴🧥 is our favorite because it combines functionality 🧰, affordability 💰, and style 💄.
We love the sleek design 🧩, the spacious interior 🏠, and the fact that it’s available in tons of fun colors 🌈.
Plus, parents love the convenient front pocket 🧺 where you can stash diapers 🧺, wipes 🧹, snacks 🍪, etc., plus there are two large main storage areas for toys 🧸 and gear 🎒. And best of all, it’s a steal at $39.99.
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite affordable diaper bags 🧺🧴🧥, including a few that double as lunch boxes 🥪, totes 🛍️, and even pet carriers 🐶.
Best Washable Diaper Bag
We’ve been testing out the Nuna Fleece Baby Diaper Bag 🧺🧴🧥 since it launched in November 2018.
This is our favorite washable diaper bag 🧺🧴🧥 because it offers everything you could want in a diaper bag – including a convenient spot for changing diapers 🛋️, multiple storage compartments 🧺🧴🧥, a removable changing pad 🛋️, and plenty of room for baby essentials 🧺🧴🧥.
We think moms are really going to appreciate having a diaper bag 🧺🧴🧥 that’s easy to clean 🧹 and great looking too 💄.
The Nuna Fleece Diaper Bag 🧺🧴🧥 retails for $99.95 and is available online 🌐 and in select retailers nationwide.
Best Tote Diaper Bag
If you’re looking for a simple, stylish diaper bag 🧺🧴🧥 that won’t break the bank 💰, we think the Ju-Ju-Be Super Tote is just what you need.
- This tote-style diaper carrier 🧺🧴🧥 features a removable changing pad 🛋️, multiple mesh pockets 🧺🧴🧥 for storing wipes 🧹 and diapers 🧺, and even a secure zipper pocket 🧺 for stashing cash 💰.
- The Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag 🧺🧴🧥 is designed to fit most car seats 🚗, making it perfect for road trips.
- Plus, it’s super easy to clean 🧹 — no harsh chemicals required. Simply hand wash it 🧼, hang dry 🧹, and voila! 🎉
Diaper Bag Organization Tricks
There are many ways to organize your diaper bag, but here are some of our favorites.
- Keep it minimal 🧹🧼 because the more stuff you pack 🧺🧴🧥, the harder the bag becomes to keep organized.
- Get a bag 🧺🧴🧥 with lots of pockets 🧺🧴🧥, including outside ones 🌪️. This way, you’ll be able to store everything easily.
- Store pacifiers 🍼 in a baby food container 🍽. They tend to fall off shelves 📚 and become lost.
- Use a wet/dry bag 🧺🧹, or dog waste bags 🐶🧹, for soiled clothes 🧥 and diapering supplies 🧺🧴🧹. These make cleanup easier 🧹.
- Get a bag 🧺🧴🧥 that has an attached changing mat 🛋️. This makes it easy to change your baby wherever you go. 🌎
3 responses to “How To Pack A Diaper Bag For Multiple Kids🧒🧒🧒🧒”
[…] for wipes, stick with the one full package. A single wipe container usually holds enough for multiple diaper […]
[…] you want to keep track of multiple bags, you can do that too, since it connects to your phone app, meaning that if one of your bags goes […]
[…] are easy to pack away and make getting ready for the kids even […]