It can be difficult to pack a suit 🕴🏼in a checked bag🎒, especially if you want it to be wrinkle-free and presentable when you get to your destination👨🏼✈️.
If you want to keep your suit👩🏻✈️ in good shape while traveling for business or an official event, you should take the time⏲️ to pack it carefully.
In order to help you arrive at your destination✈️ with a suit 👨🏼✈️that’s ready to wear, we’ll go over six different ways to pack a suit in a checked bag in this article.
- With the sleeves tucked in, fold the jacket🕴🏼 in half lengthwise.
It should be laid flat in the bag 👝with any wrinkles ironed out.
- With the crease facing out, fold the pants in half lengthwise.
Again, smooth out any wrinkles before laying them flat atop the jacket👨🏼✈️.
- The jacket and pants should be covered with 🧻tissue paper or a folded garment bag🛍️ to prevent creasing.
- Any additional items should be placed on top of the 🧻tissue paper or garment bag🛍️, such as shirts 👔or ties.
- Zip up the suitcase 🧳after closing it.
- You might also want to think about rolling the suit up tightly rather than folding it if you have room in your suitcase🧳.
This can lessen the appearance of wrinkles😇.
5 Tips for Packing a Suit Without Wrinkles in Your Checked Bag
Tips on how to avoid wrinkling a suit🕴🏼 when packing it in a checked bag👝.
Here are some ideas for tips that might be in such an article:
- Put the suit🕴🏼 in a garment bag 🛍️or wrap it in tissue paper🧻 to protect it: Doing so will help to prevent wrinkles from forming while the suit 👨🏼✈️is being transported.
- Instead of folding the suit🕴🏼, tightly roll it up: This can help reduce wrinkles👨🏼✈️, though it might not be appropriate for more delicate fabrics.
- Pick a case with a hard 🧳exterior: A hard-sided case can offer your suit 🧳additional protection and help keep it from wrinkling while you’re traveling✈️.
- The suit should be placed on top👔 of all other items in your suitcase after all other items have been packed, to avoid crushing it😌.
- Avoid packing your suitcase too tightly😇; doing so can cause items to shift and wrinkle while being transported.
- Make sure to leave enough space in your suitcase🧳 for your suit to have room to breathe and remain wrinkle-free😇.